Full spectrum of Public Sector Cloud Services now available under both Six Degrees and Carrenza listings on the latest iteration of the G-Cloud framework.
LONDON – September 19th, 2018 – UK-based managed service provider, Six Degrees, has today announced that public sector customers will now be able to benefit from the complete range of cloud services offered via the G-Cloud 10 framework under the listings of both Six Degrees and its public sector division Carrenza.
Six Degrees acquired Carrenza, an established provider of secure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service cloud solutions to the UK public sector, in 2016. Carrenza’s cloud solutions, which have been listed on G-Cloud since 2012, have been integrated into Six Degrees’ broader cloud and managed services portfolio. This combination allows Six Degrees to deliver a sophisticated selection of services to public sector organisations through the G-Cloud 10 framework.
Thomas Konopka, Director of Public Sector at Six Degrees said: “Through Carrenza we recently expanded our public sector data centre footprint into two additional Government-accredited Ark Data Centres, making our total four, which now means Six Degrees is able to hold data at OFFICIAL and above classifications. This move, reinforced by our inclusion on the G-Cloud 10 framework, is testimony to how important it is that Six Degrees provides secure, compliant cloud and infrastructure services to our public sector customers.”
The Six Degrees Public Sector Cloud is a secure cloud service that supports digital transformation, transactional systems and legacy environments, including Oracle hosting for public sector organisations. The infrastructure is supported through both Six Degrees’ own data centre facilities (including Ark) and colocation partner Crown Hosting Data Centres Ltd.
Some additional security and compliance services now available under the listings include:
- GDPR Data Scan Reporting, part of Six Degrees’ GDPR Compliance service, which provides detailed reports of existing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data and risks to compliance, as well as analysis of the devices and any vulnerabilities present.
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience for Email for email filtering, security, archiving, and continuity, particularly for Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), an additional layer of security for data that can be used to authenticate cloud applications, infrastructure and information.
- Managed Antivirus, which protects against identity theft, and offers secure browsing with real-time anti-phishing, lightning fast scans, and webcam protection. As this service runs in the cloud, customers’ local computing power is never affected, providing user flexibility.
- Mosaic Comply & Secure, a Public Services Network (PSN) compliant managed security service that delivers a plethora of government accredited offerings, all run through our fully managed Security Operations Centre.
Konopka concluded: “In our capacity as cloud and managed service providers, we’ve been able to provide a tailored cloud offering to customers such as the Cabinet Office, Ministry of Justice, Department of Health & Social Care, and the West Midlands Ambulance Service. Being included on the G-Cloud 10 framework gives us the opportunity to continue serving the public sector and enable more organisations to leverage this technology and better serve the public.”
About Six Degrees
Six Degrees is a cloud-led managed service provider. It works as a collaborative technology partner to businesses making a digital transition.
Always placing clients at the heart of its strategy, Six Degrees’ passionate teams combine technical expertise and deep sector-specific knowledge to innovate, craft and manage the right solutions to power their businesses.
The breadth and strength of Six Degrees’ technology is its foundation. Solutions range from data and application performance management through to colocation and unified communications, all with private, public, or hybrid cloud at its core.
Six Degrees works collaboratively and builds long-term partnerships through exceptional services that match its clients’ needs. It continually innovates the right solutions to enable clients’ brilliance.