With business budgets stretched, you may be looking for smart ways to optimise your IT spend. In this blog we explain how Windows 365 Cloud PCs can help you save money and reduce IT waste – while realising productivity and digital employee experience benefits.
It’s no secret that organisations in 2023 are always searching for more efficient ways to enable their people – both in terms of maximising productivity and minimising spend. Digital employee experience is a key driver for today’s business leaders – but the high costs that come with it are seen as a top challenge that needs to be overcome.
One way to control your organisation’s costs while enhancing digital employee experience is by adopting Windows 365 for some or all of your users. In this blog we’ll explain how you can save money and reduce IT waste with Windows 365.
Save Money and Reduce IT Waste
Windows 365 Cloud PCs are a great way to realise both productivity and efficiency benefits. Here are some of the efficiency benefits that come with adopting Windows 365:
- Only pay for the compute power each user needs. Different users need different resources allocated to them. A developer or a graphic designer using powerful business applications will need more compute power than an operations user who only uses basic functionality. Windows 365 Cloud PCs can be tailored to different user types – enabling you to resource appropriately and pay for exactly what they actually need to carry out their roles.
- Extend the life of your existing hardware. Windows 365 Cloud PCs can be accessed from a wide range of device types, and since the processing is done in the cloud these don’t need to be the latest and greatest laptops or workstations. This enables you to sweat your hardware assets and reduce investment in new end user hardware.
- Enable bring your own device. Bring your own device (BYOD) is great for a number of reasons, but it can be tricky to manage – especially from a cyber security standpoint. Windows 365 Cloud PCs extend your BYOD options by enabling your employees to access their applications and data securely from their own devices.
- Test and deploy Windows 11 with minimal capital expenditure. With Windows 10 reaching end of life, you may be looking to upgrade your workforce to Windows 11. Windows 365 makes this more straightforward, streamlined and cost effective by allowing you to spin up Cloud PCs for testing quickly and easily.
- Maximise user productivity. You can improve your return on investment in your people by maximising their productivity. Windows 365 achieves this by giving your employees access to the applications they need, when they need them – and enabling them to regain access on an alternative piece of equipment if their laptop becomes unavailable for whatever reason.
- Reduce IT team workload when replacing lost or stolen equipment. Following on from the point above, lost or stolen laptops can be very time consuming for IT teams to replace. With Windows 365 Cloud PCs, a new machine can be spun up in an hour – significantly quicker for both the employee and the engineer.
- Fixed, predictable, per-user monthly pricing. Forecasting and sticking to operating costs is a real challenge for almost all managers tasked with holding the IT purse strings. Windows 365 Cloud PCs enable you to forecast your spend on a per-user basis – and stick to that forecast, too.
- Windows 365 Frontline for shift and part-time workers. Not all employees need a dedicated workstation. Windows 365 Frontline Cloud PCs gives shift and part-time workers access to workstations during their shifts that power down when their shifts are over – enabling you to avoid wasted spend on resources that aren’t needed.
Explore the Potential of Windows 365 Cloud PCs
If you’re looking to save money and reduce IT waste while enhancing digital employee experience, introducing Windows 365 could be a great way to start you on that journey. Six Degrees has seriously strong credentials when it comes to deploying and managing Windows 365 – as one of the first Azure Expert MSPs in the UK, we have the resources, capabilities, and partner relationships to give you confidence that we are best placed to enable you to make the most of your investment.
We’ve created a handy guide that provides 10 steps to optimise your migration to Windows 365 Cloud PCs. And if you’d like to learn more about our Windows 365 service, you can go ahead and schedule a call with one of our experts.
Subscribe to the newsletter today
Digital employee experience – giving employees the tools…