Role purpose and description
To manage the completion of technical projects or other pieces of work on-time and to budget whilst delighting the customer with our efficiency, knowledge and commitment. To deliver projects to tight deadlines not compromising on quality. To deliver multiple projects concurrently to the same high standard. To be an ambassador of Capital Support Group, a Six Degrees Group company, at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Use your skills, knowledge and experience to deliver technical projects and other pieces of work in a consistently excellent manner; meeting time and budget requirements.
● To manage the transition of Projects from scoping to hand-over into support in a professional, consistent and complete manner at all times.
● To robustly manage changes in the scope of Projects, communicating these changes to the CSG team such that commercial opportunities are realised and changes are professionally managed.
● To work with the customer and CSG teams to produce payment plans and accurately manage other financial matters relating to the Projects
● Work co-operatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and organisational objectives.
● To comply with all legislation and internal policies as documented in CSG’s employee handbook including but not limited to; Data Protection, Health and Safety, Computer Misuse/Security, Equal Opportunities, Management of Attendance and Customer Care.
● To achieve competency and at least consistently deliver on all core staff competencies; Team Work, Communication, Leadership, Delivery, Customer Excellence, Developing Self and Others, Problem Solving.
● Take proactive accountability and ownership of own actions and Project activity to ensure CSG and customer best interests are maintained at all times.
● Ensure your behaviour complies with organisational values and organise your own work effectively to meet the competing demands of your role.
● To accurately and consistently produce documentation necessary to support the full life-cycle of the Project.
● To follow CSG project processes at all times.
● To maintain accurate records of all projects / pieces of work under your ownership providing updates and reports as necessary.
● Co-ordinate and prioritise work to achieve delivery of competing activities under your ownership.
● Prioritise and allocate activities, utilising available resources in most appropriate and costeffective manner; achieving appropriate balance across teams.
● Monitor progress of projects; providing the customer with feedback regarding the progress throughout the lifecycle of the Project.
● Liaise with external suppliers and Technical Services (TS) / CSG colleagues to ensure that Projects are delivered within agreed timescales.
● To engage with other team members for effective knowledge transfer and project management process development improving quality.
● Manage 3rd parties and other CSG teams work such that the Project deliverables are met.
● To provide clear and accurate instructions to 3rd parties and other CSG teams to limit re-work and to deliver consistently excellent results.
● Be responsible for their own career development by keeping abreast of technology and Project Management process changes that may affect our customers.
● Coach and mentor members of the team as required.
Process and Procedures
● Adhere to the prescribed CSG Project Management processes at all times.
● Assist with the improvement of CSG Project Management processes by making recommendations or suggestions that improve quality, reduce cost or reduce time to deliver.
● Consistently use the SC tools Project Management tools provided.
● Act as a point of escalation for the customer where necessary.
● After exhausting possible solutions, escalate where failure to deliver Projects may compromise customer satisfaction.
● Ensure integrity of client systems, adherence to CSG and CSG client security policies and procedures.
● Comply with relevant regulatory policy, i.e. FSA that from time to time you are made aware of.
● Work in best interest of CSG ensuring minimal risk or exposure to CSG business.
● Co-ordinate Project activity in the most cost effective manner, ensuring effective utilisation of resources, reducing duplication of effort.
● Robustly manage Projects so changes in scope are appropriately charged.
● Work with the CSG finance and commercial teams to identify and realise commercial opportunities.
● Manage 3rd party/supplier relationships in best interest of CSG and CSG clients.
● To ensure that lifecycle of each ticket is managed effectively and line with SD procedures and appropriate SLA.
● Work in the spirit of continual service improvement; identifying opportunities for improvement and assisting in their implementation.
● Meet to achieve company, function, team and individual KPIs that may be agreed.
● To communicate with the customer in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner at all times.
● To ensure appropriate communication takes place with customer and key stakeholders at all times.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
● Financial management
● Commercial acumen
● Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
● Problem analysis and solving
● Excellent planning and organisation
● Attention to detail
● Stress tolerance
● Influencing skills
● Continual Service Improvement ethos
● Time keeping
● At least 4 years’ experience working in a similar Project delivery role.
● Educated to A-level grade ‘C’ or above in level in English and Maths.
● Prince II foundation certified. (mandatory)
● Prince II practitioner. (desired)
● ITIL Foundation. (desired)
Apply for this job. Complete the form below.
*We will not sell your data, but we may market to you