Role purpose and description
We are Six Degrees Group and we exist to bring people and information together.
Six Degrees Group provides integrated managed data services linking people, places and clouds. We do this by leveraging our core capabilities and next generation network assets to deliver a fully integrated range of cloud, datacentre, connectivity and voice services.
Our team includes some of the most technically able individuals in our industry and this, when combined with our core assets and product portfolio, helps our customers to be more innovative and differentiated in their own organisations, thanks to our solutions.
Six Degrees Group is a place where teamwork, collaboration and co-operation drive innovation and excellence. A business where we’re all empowered to achieve more – for our customers and as individuals.
We are looking to build upon our success by appointing a new network engineer based in our London team. This will be an involved and challenging role with significant opportunity for skills development and career progression. The successful network engineer will have strong experience with supporting LAN/WAN networks, in an ISP environment. The ability to easily adapt to advancing technology is imperative. Strong understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Day to Day troubleshooting and support of customer faults and equipment.
• Day to Day troubleshooting and support of core network.
• Deployment of customer network solutions from build to deployment.
• Compliance with company information security policies and procedures, reporting incidents and ensuring necessary security procedures or activities are completed
• Provide OOH On-Call Support for customer networks on a rota basis.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
• Proven experience of configuring/provisioning and troubleshooting a mix of technologies including Fibre, Copper, xDSL, EFM across Cisco/Juniper platforms.
• Experienced in working with MPLS/VRF’s in an ISP provider environment.
• Experience in dynamic protocols including OSPF and BGP.
• Manipulation of traffic paths using BGP attributes.
• JNCIP / CCNP or equivalent experience at this level.
• Experience with Juniper and Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
• Proven ability to operate in pressurised situations and successfully handle multiple priorities
• Flexibility and strong customer service focus as well as demonstrable technical aptitude and willingness to pick up and develop new skills
• Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP (both IPv4 and IPv6), IPSEC, HSRP, VRRP, l2vpn
• Strong team player with the ability to work indivually when required.
• Ability to function in a flexible working pattern as required
• Data centre Operations such as and cabling installation
• Knowledge of IP Peering and transit
• RIPE policies and procedures
Apply for this job. Complete the form below.
*We will not sell your data, but we may market to you