Role purpose and description
Six Degrees Group is a privately owned managed services provider serving UK mid-market and Enterprise customers. The Group has a converged services portfolio – including datacentre, connectivity, voice and cloud offerings – designed to help companies meet the challenges of a connected, always-on world.
We are looking to build upon our success by appointing a new Account Manager based in London. This will be an involved and challenging role with significant opportunity for skills development and career progression.
Duties and Responsibilities
Achievement of sales targets through
• Generating leads, identifying and closing new business opportunities within existing customers primarily in the financial services (Banking, Finance & Insurance) sector.
• Qualifying and closing incremental business from the existing client base.
• Maintaining clients through good customer care, strong negotiation and maintaining close relationships.
• Maintaining accurate records in the contact management system, in the pipeline and in all peripheral systems to ensure good customer service and reporting.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude)
•A minimum of 7 years direct selling (field sales) experience. Knowledge of the managed telecommunications and IT services market essential. Proven track record in sales a prerequisite.
•Proven track record of conducting face to face meetings with customers and prospects.
•Qualification management – ability to effectively qualify existing customers and prospects and take ownership for personal sales performance through the ability to accurately forecast.
•Effectively prioritises work activities to ensure a balanced pipeline is in place at all times.
•Leadership – ability to influence and drive the organisation to secure buy in and support commercial goals and ensure customer commitments are satisfied.
•Targeted business selling – ability to develop robust strategic plans to ensure successful acquisition of new business.
•In depth understanding of products and services from Direct and Indirect voice, IP connectivity based products including VOIP services through to Cloud Services. Qualification in these areas requires wide ranging conceptual knowledge of TDM Voice, VOIP, LAN, network topology, client-server technology, security, VPN and Managed Hosting.
•Understanding of how our services add value to the client and their customers through efficiency gains, identification of commercial opportunities and competitive advantage. Able to relate a feature of a technology to the mechanics of a business, and end up with a benefit.
•Able to identify with the Client at all levels and develop empathy with all key players within their organisation. Understanding their Company drivers and personal motivations. Able to strengthen relationships, building upon a basis of success and mutual trust and respect.
•Ensures a win/win outcome in all negotiations. Positions ideas and concepts in accordance to the needs of the audience and the company in an often-aggressive price driven environment. Demonstrates tenacity in gaining a positive outcome from any situation.
• Expresses commitments clearly through internal and external teams in both verbal and written format. Is aware of internal sensitivities and considers appropriate communication media to ensure the delivery and receipt of a positive message.
Apply for this job. Complete the form below.
*We will not sell your data, but we may market to you