Six Degrees further reinforces its public sector credentials after being accepted onto the YPO’s Data Centres, Maintenance, Cloud Hosting and Security framework. Built following close engagement with the YPO’s members, Six Degrees’ acceptance onto the framework demonstrates how our services are closely aligned to the challenges public sector organisations are looking to overcome.
London, UK, Thursday 17th October, 2019 – UK-based managed service provider, Six Degrees, has today announced that it has been accepted onto the YPO’s Data Centres, Maintenance, Cloud Hosting and Security framework. This expands the channels through which public sector organisations are able to procure transformative cloud, managed, colocation, data security and network connectivity services from Six Degrees. Six Degrees delivers large-scale, quality IT services that are aligned to the objectives of UK public sector organisations, enabling them to improve citizen services through the intelligent utilisation of transformational technology services.
Six Degrees’ technology services meet the financial, operational and regulatory requirements of UK public sector organisations, enabling them to meet their business challenges head-on and improve the quality and effectiveness of the services they deliver to citizens. As an established technology provider to the UK public sector, Six Degrees has been delivering cloud services to the likes of Government Digital Service, Ministry of Justice, Crown Prosecution Service, Cabinet Office, Home Office, Local Authorities and blue light organisations. The new YPO framework is one of a number of frameworks through which public sector organisations can purchase services from Six Degrees; the other frameworks include G-Cloud 11, Network Services 2, and Scottish Government Cloud Services Framework. By joining YPO’s new framework, Six Degrees has demonstrated that it recognises the different channels through which public sector organisations wish to procure services, and works hard to ensure that it can operate through the most appropriate channels for each engagement.
Thomas Konopka, Industry Director – Public Sector, Six Degrees, said: “At Six Degrees we continually invest in delivering the best possible services to UK public sector organisations, through the most appropriate channels. Not all organisations wish to procure services through large-scale frameworks like G-Cloud 11 and Network Services 2; the YPO’s new framework is appropriate for organisations wishing to procure highly specific services in a straightforward manner, and we are proud to be one of the 29 suppliers that have been approved for the framework.
“YPO’s new framework was built following close consultation with the organisation’s members and reflects the needs of Local Authorities throughout the UK. Six Degrees has been accepted onto every lot that we bid for, demonstrating that our services are closely aligned to the challenges that Local Authorities and other public sector organisations are looking to overcome.”
Six Degrees has been accepted onto the following lots on the new YPO framework:
- Lot 5 – Cloud, Cloud Services & Hosting. Compliant, secure and high-performing cloud and managed service solutions for public sector organisations that support the digital transformation of legacy systems.
- Lot 7 – Managed Service. Tiered managed services for incident support or request fulfilment, providing ITIL-aligned process overlays to ensure that IT services continue to be delivered to the highest standards.
- Lot 10 – Colocation/Shared Hosting Services. Secure and flexible colocation solutions delivered from Tier III+ data centres, providing optimal uptime, availability and security whilst meeting public sector organisations’ data sovereignty requirements.
- Lot 11 – Data Security Solutions. Award winning security services that give public sector organisations valuable insights into the risks they face, and support the ongoing mitigation of security threats across all attack vectors.
- Lot 12 – Network Connectivity Services. Robust network services that connect organisations, delivering access to key systems and internet services whilst improving security and reducing complexity.
Konopka concluded: “At Six Degrees we are passionate about enabling our public sector clients’ brilliance. To bring services closer to citizens, today’s public sector organisations must continually grow and evolve through digitally transforming in new and incremental ways. Six Degrees, through the YPO’s new framework, is here to guide public sector organisations through every step of their digital transition journeys.”
About Six Degrees
Six Degrees is a cloud-led managed service provider. It works as a collaborative technology partner to businesses making a digital transition.
Always placing clients at the heart of its strategy, Six Degrees’ passionate teams combine technical expertise and deep sector-specific knowledge to innovate, craft and manage the right solutions to power their businesses.
The breadth and strength of Six Degrees’ technology is its foundation. Solutions range from data and application performance management through to colocation and unified communications, all with private, public, or hybrid cloud at its core.
Six Degrees works collaboratively and builds long-term partnerships through exceptional services that match its clients’ needs. It continually innovates the right solutions to enable clients’ brilliance.